Because fans are at the heart of OXI’s business, its goal is for you to continue to trust it to handle your personal information with respect and in control.
The OXI company is concerned about the protection of personal data. It undertakes to ensure the best level of protection for your personal data in accordance with the European and French regulations applicable to it in terms of personal data protection.
It seems important that you know what personal information OXI (hereinafter “OXI”) collects about you, and how the company uses it.
If substantial changes are made to our practices in confidentiality, you will be informed. If necessary, your consent will also be requested for said changes.
In accordance with the regulations in force (general data protection regulation n ° 2016/679 and law of January 10, 1978 relating to computers, files and freedoms modified), you can exercise at any time, under reservation of proof of your identity, your rights (information, access, opposition, rectification, deletion) on your personal data.
This statement will apply to you depending on how you interact with OXI. For example:
1- When you buy a ticket from us, we use the information you give us to comply with our obligations and those of the event’s partners to you as part of the performance of this service and, when this is authorized , we will keep you informed of other events that may be of interest to you.
2- When you browse our sites, cookies are used to personalize your experience and provide you with efficient browsing. Your choices and rights are explained in more detail below.
1. What information is held and from what sources is it collected?
When you create an account or purchase a ticket, we collect information which, depending on the nature of our service, may include your contact details or billing data.
- When you use a feature relating to social networks on the OXI site, and you post on these social networks, the social network concerned provides us with information about you.
- If you want to benefit from accessibility measures, we want to give you the best possible experience when you attend events. For this purpose, we need to collect certain data relating to your request.
- In the few cases where we collect personal information from minors, we always seek parental consent, and we only collect such information for the purposes specified at the time of collection.
2. How do we use your information and why?
This section explains how the information collected is used and the legal basis for this use.
For the execution of a contract concluded with you:
The information is used when you enter into a contract with OXI (for example to buy tickets), in order to:
- process your order
- get payment
- deliver your order to you
- provide you with customer support service
In order to pursue our legitimate business interests:
- To carry out market research and analysis to help improve and personalize the products and services offered to you.
- For commercial prospecting purposes, unless your consent is required for such prospecting activities.
- To send you service messages that include booking confirmations and event reminders.
- In order to prevent or detect any unlawful behavior, to protect or enforce OXI’s rights as defined by law (for example, to ensure that tickets reach real fans). To this end, OXI may use your information to prevent the resale of tickets, the violation or misuse of its intellectual property rights, fraud or other crimes or offenses.
- To create your profile and to help personalize the services for you. For example, if you purchase tickets to attend pop music events and have consented to receive marketing information from OXI, you will be notified of other similar events that may be of interest to you. li>
- To ensure the security of OXI operations and the operations of the event partner.
When you have provided us with your consent:
- To contact you by providing information and offers regarding upcoming events offered by OXI, our products or services, through emails, push or web notifications, sending SMS, or social networks . You can change your prospecting preferences at any time.
- To provide you with location-based services.
- To process data relating to your state of health in order to respond to your accessibility requests, when specifically required and explicit consent is provided.
Privacy Statement: Data Retention
Data is kept in accordance with internal policies to manage your account and provide the goods and services you have requested. We also retain certain data to comply with our legal obligations. The retention periods for the main categories of personal data that we process are indicated below:
Retention periods for personal data
The indicated period covers the retention period in the active database and in internal archives
- Information on the customer account and orders: 6 years from the date of the last purchase on the account
- Information on the customer account without any purchase: 3 years from the date of creation of the account
- Newsletter subscribers: 3 years from your registration unless you declare that you wish to continue to receive this information.
- Payment card information: 13 months from the date of payment. No banking data is stored by the OXI company.
3. Who do we share your data with and why?
- Third party service providers (sometimes referred to as subcontractors) such as the online store provider who provides us with IT infrastructure which serves as the basis for building our products and systems.
- OXI may share your information with the event’s partners (site, event promoter, record label, artist) so that they can communicate promotional information relating to the artist you are interested in. . In the event that data is shared with them, this will only be done if you have given your consent beforehand.
- Third parties providing the goods and services you purchase (such as insurance for tickets or products) so that they can process and fulfill your orders.
- Government agencies or other authorized authorities where permitted or required by law.
4. Your choices and your rights
When the processing is based on your consent, you can withdraw it as indicated below:
- To stop receiving our marketing information, you can change your preferences in your account, or follow the unsubscribe instructions in all emails that are sent or contact customer service.
- To oppose geolocation and push notifications, you can change your device settings or keep location disabled. To stop push notifications, you can use your browser settings.
- To refuse the personalization, you can change your preferences in your account.
You also have rights as to how we use your personal information, including:
- the right to object to the processing of your data by OXI services.
- the right to request that your information be erased or be used for limited use in the future.
- the right to request a copy of the information OXI holds about you.
- the right to correct, amend or update the information you have provided.
- the right to challenge any automated decision that is made about you. An automated decision is a decision taken without any human intervention and which has legal consequences (eg credit check).
To exercise any of the foregoing rights, please contact customer service.
5. The security of your information
OXI has security measures in place to protect your information. The security measures that are used are put in place depending on the type of information collected.
Information is kept only as long as necessary to provide you with the services you request for the purposes described in this policy as well as for legal purposes which require that this information be kept. Information is securely deleted when it is no longer required for the purposes described, in accordance with our company policies.
6. Contact OXI
If you have any questions about the above or OXI’s approach to data protection, please be aware that customer service is available to you: firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also contact the National Commission for Computing and Liberties (CNIL).